Wednesday, May 6, 2015

That's Life

oh, hey, i got bangs.
This is just an update on my life and what's been going on. My goal this year has been to cut back on photoshoots a bit. Partially because it's difficult to find photographers willing to work with a model of my size and shape and it's become an endeavor that takes up too much time and energy, and partially because I have so much else going on. Bellydance, burlesque, yoga, chorus, volunteering, photoshoots, working, and more. I barely have time anymore! I'm pretty exhausted, but enjoying it.

I've also noticed that I'm not shocked by much anymore, which is why I write less. I see something that, a couple of years ago would have gotten my blood boiling, and I shrug my shoulders and think, "oh, of course, here we go again". I think I'm experiencing activist burn out. And, let's face it, there's some pretty bad things going on in the country right now that are not fat related that I've been focusing on.

None of this means that I'll stop doing what I do. I'll still try to post as often as possible, both photo and text posts, but they'll be less frequent (as they already are I suppose). Don't feel as if I've abandoned you! I'm just busy living life right now. (Which reminds me, I have photos from my burlesque performance to upload!)

I do have a themed photoshoot coming up soon so keep an eye out for that (I'll be putting a lot of work into the costuming). In the meantime, how about some suggestions on topics you'd like me to cover (or re cover)? You can be my muse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreaming of Wheels

I finally dreamed of myself in a wheelchair . How we view ourselves is often hard. What we think of ourselves, even how we picture ourse...